Thursday 12 November 2015

Liu Shiwen: I Will Not Suffer For Nothing

Liu Shiwen: I Will Not Suffer For Nothing (Video)Unlike Ding Ning and Li Xiaoxia, Liu Shiwen still hasn’t been to the Olympic Games and therefore she still would want to realise her dream to play in the Olympics. This year, Liu Shiwen had some setbacks but because she did not give up on her Olympic dream, she continued to fight and fortunately, she won the World Cup, increasing her confidence to fight. 
China News Net. Liu Shiwen had some instabilities in her performance this year but because she still has that Olympic dream, she continues to move on. 
Liu Shiwen needed to win the World Championships this year but she lost to her teammate Ding Ning in the finals and eventually settles as the runner-up. But later this year, Liu Shiwen won the World Cup and that somehow increased her chances for the Rio Olympics. 
Liu Shiwen vs Ding Ning 2015 WTTC WS Finals 
video kindly shared by janus770

Liu Shiwen vs K. Ishikawa 2015 World Cup Finals 
Of course, Liu Shiwen also has her hopes for next year’s Olympic Games. “My personal goal is to participate in the Olympic Games. This championship title gave me a big confidence.” Liu Shiwen said. 
Before the World Cup, Liu Shiwen’s performance was not stable enough. She admitted it but since she has a dream, she continues to move forward. “If I don’t have a dream, I would not think about playing in the Olympics. But since I continue to persist, I will certainly not allow myself to suffer for nothing.” Liu Shiwen concluded. 
Of course, the head coach of the Chinese Women’s Team was impressed. Kong Linghui even described Liu Shiwen’s performance as perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment