Friday 13 November 2015

Petrissa Solja Praised Liu Shiwen In The World Cup

Petrissa Solja Praised Liu Shiwen In The World Cup (Videos)

Petrissa Solja started as a qualifier in this year’s Women’s World Cup but as the competition progressed, she was labelled as the dark horse. After winning first in her group, Solja caused two consecutive upsets in the main draw, defeating the seeded Feng Tianwei and Ai Fukuhara. However, in the semifinals, she failed to continue her wonderful performance. 
PingPang World. Petrissa Solja showed her best performance after she overcame some of the biggest names in table tennis but there was one player who failed her. 
Petrissa Solja attended the World Cup and had to play in the qualifying round. After winning the two matches, she went straight to the main draw and caused a series of upsets. 
In the first round of the main draw, Petrissa Solja defeated Feng Tianwei, the fifth seed. “In the Qatar Open, I lost to Feng Tianwei in 1-4 but today, I played well. Feng Tianwei’s forehand is very strong but my mobility was very flexible. I did a good job in my defence against her attacks.” Solja said.  
Petrissa Solja vs Feng Tianwei 2015 World Cup R16 
video kindly shared by janus770
In the quarterfinals, she caused another upset and this time to the hosting team. She scored 4-3 against Ai Fukuhara
Petrissa Solja vs Ai Fukuhara 2015 World Cup QF 
video kindly shared by janus770
“I simply can’t dare to believe that I can win. I am very happy now. I was not in the condition in the first three sets. At that time, I was disappointed with myself. However, winning one set at a time would be fine. As the match progressed, I focused my attention and efforts in adjusting myself.” 
After winning over Fukuhara, Petrissa Solja was now labelled as the dark horse of the competition. She advanced into the semifinals and had a bigger player to face, Liu Shiwen of China. This time, she failed and she had high regards to the Chinese player. 
Petrissa Solja vs Liu Shiwen 2015 World Cup SF 
video kindly shared by janus770
“The quality of Liu Shiwen’s offences is very high. She is the best player in the world. She is very intelligent and got my weakness. Her level of competitiveness is clearly higher than mine.” Patricia Solja concluded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment